2 pounds boneless chicken breast,
cut to desired size
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 gallon size freezer bag
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-3 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups panko crumbs
(any flavor you prefer)
Avocado or vegetable oil for frying
1 carrot for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar and garlic powder.
- Cut breasts to desired size and place in the bowl with mayonnaise mixture, then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place flour in a gallon size freezer bag, then set aside.
- In a flat bowl, beat eggs and salt.
- Place the panko breading on a large plate.
- Take a few pieces of the marinated chicken and place in the flour bag. Make sure that all sides of the chicken pieces are well coated with flour.
- Place the floured chicken pieces into the beaten egg. Make sure that both sides are soaked with egg.
- Place the chicken pieces into the panko crumbs and bread on both sides.
- Line a baking sheet with two layers of paper towel or brown paper bag.
- Over medium flame, heat about 1/2 inch of oil in a large frying pan.
- Place carrot and a few chicken pieces into the hot oil, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- Fry until both sides are golden, about 5 to 7 minutes total.
- Place fried chicken on prepared baking sheet to drain the oil.