1 large onion, finely chopped
4 celery stalks, finely chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 parsnip, sliced
3 bay leaves
2 teaspoons fresh oregano
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
1 15 oz can organic diced tomatoes
2 15 oz cans white cannellini beans
10 oz organic broccolini, cut in half
2 cups organic kale, stems removed
- Warm olive oil in a heavy stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the celery, garlic and salt and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the parsnip, bay leaf, oregano and black pepper and sauté.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add the diced tomatoes and the cannellini beans, cover pot and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before serving, add the broccolini and kale.