2 large russet potatoes
1/2 pound of feta cheese, crumbled
1 cup parmesan cheese
Boil the potatoes in a pot over medium heat until fork tender, 7-10 minutes.
Peel the potatoes, mash and let cool.
Add feta and parmesan cheese and eggs and mix all the ingredients.
1 cup cold water
3/4 cup avocado or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups all purpose unbleached flour
1 egg, beaten for egg wash
Parmesan cheese, sesame or nigella
seeds for sprinkling on top
- Use a standing mixer with the dough hook and mix all the ingredients until the dough comes together, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Form the dough into walnut-size balls.
- Place on a parchment lined baking tray, cover with a clean dish towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a rolling pin to form the dough into oval shapes.
- Place one teaspoon of potato filling in the middle of the dough.
- Lift the dough upwards, fold over the filling and then pinch the ends and bring in to form a crescent shape.
- Brush the tops of the burekas with a beaten egg.
- Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese and seeds, if using. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy and golden brown.