2 pounds small white turnips, peeled
and cut into 1/4 inch thick batons
1 cup water
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
1 medium beet, peeled and cut into
- Place turnip batons in a large bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring the water, vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard seeds to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the sugar and salt dissolve, 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid over the turnips and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Tightly pack the turnips into jars and add beets into the jars.
- Carefully pour the brine into the jars to the top.
- Tightly seal each jar and refrigerate.
- Pickles are ready to eat after 3 days and will last in the refrigerator for two months.