1 lb ground beef
1 white onion, finely chopped
1 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
1 cup potato starch
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- Combine meat, onions, parsley, potato starch, 2 tablespoons olive oil and all the spices in a large bowl and mix well.
- Lightly oil an ovenproof skillet.
- Form the meat mixture into a golf-sized balls, then place in the skillet.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 5 to 8 minutes until nicely browned.