3 tablespoons avocado or vegetable oil
1 medium butternut squash,
peeled, seeded and diced
4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
6 medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 parsnips, peeled and diced
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 white squash or zucchini, cubed
12 cups vegetable broth or water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with oil and arrange butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots and parsnip in a single layer on the tray.
- Sprinkle with sugar, spices, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add onion and sauté for 10 minutes until translucent.
- Add white squash and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add roasted vegetables and 1 cup of broth and blend all the ingredients using an immersion blender.
- Place pot over low heat, add remaining liquid and stir well until soup is a smooth consistency. Taste soup and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Cover pot and simmer for 20-25 minutes