1 cup sugar
2/3 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
6-7 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup fine sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a stand mixer, combine all the ingredients until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Place dough on the counter and gently knead for about a minute, until dough is smooth and comes together.
- Roll all the dough into walnut-sized balls.
- Roll into a thin strand, then double the strand and twist into a rope.
- Close into a ring, then dip into cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for about 20 minutes, until firm and golden brown.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 200°F.
- Biscochar (crisp) the cookies by placing bracelets on a baking sheet and leave in the oven for one hour.
- Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.