4 garlic cloves, shaved or thinly sliced
½ cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 more
Pinch of red chili flakes or Calabrian Chile
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 finger of bottarga
1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- In a small sauce pan, warm olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add chili flakes and lemon zest.
- In salted water, boil pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of water.
- Toss the pasta in the garlic and olive oil. Slowly add the reserved water, until it appears creamy (it may not be necessary to use all the pasta water).
- Toss in the parsley. Shave the bottarga over the pasta.
- Finish with more shaved bottarga and lemon zest and chilli, to taste.