6 egg whites
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
4 teaspoons corn starch or potato starch
2 teaspoons white or apple cider vinegar
8 oz dark chocolate
1 cup shelled pistachios, roughly crushed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In clean bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to beat egg whites, starting on low speed. As the eggs become foamy, gradually increase to high speed.
- Once egg whites form stiff peaks, gradually add the sugar until it has all been incorporated.
- When the mixture is thick and glossy, add the salt, corn starch and vinegar. Beat for 1 minute.
- Place meringue into a piping bag and pipe onto prepared baking sheet.
- Lower oven to 200°F and bake for two hours.
- Leave in the oven to dry out overnight.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave.
- Coat the bottom of the meringues by dipping into melted chocolate, then dip into crushed pistachios.
- Allow to harden, then store in airtight container until ready to serve.