Sephardic Spice Girls tips for a perfect flavorful tender steak:
- Bring the steak to room temperature before grilling.
- Rib-eye is our favorite cut and a cut of 1 1/2 to 2 inches thickness is ideal.
- An hour or two before you grill, generously sprinkle both sides of the steak with kosher salt, allowing the salt to dissolve and evenly flavor the meat.
- Grind black pepper all over the steak for spice and crunch.
- Place the steak on the grill lines at a 45° angle to get perfect sear lines.
- Use the hottest part of the grill to sear the outside of the steak and move to lesser heat to finish the cooking.
- Let the steak rest for 5 to 10 minutes to allow juices to be reabsorbed.
- Have sides prepared before grilling the steak, so that everything is ready to eat when the steak is done.
- Serve with potatoes, grilled vegetables, some fabulous Mezze salads, harissa and a cool frosty beer.